Monday, January 21, 2008

American Intsitute of Taiwam (AIT) appointment

Our first night went pretty good (we didn't get up at 3AM). Doing things different in a different place will take Josh a little while to get used to. Amazingly they said that he only spoke three words, we found that to be underestimated before we even left the orphanage. But they said he spoke three English words and one of them was Amber. He played with pictures Wendy sent of Amber and he holds it regularly and can says Amber (his big sister) he has one of the pictures in the one I took in his red outfit. I am real glad I learned many phrases in Mandarin and seen a video of the caregivers with him as they used phrases over and over and I could practice them. Josh really does respond well when we ask him to do things in Chinese, and I don't mean because he can understand it he does it, because Amber understands lots of things we tell her to do and she still doesn't do it.

We webcamed with Uncle Tim, Aunt Rinda and Amber this morning and when Amber seen Joshua drinking she had to have a drink too. We wish Joshua's spicy big sisters were here to play with him too and teach him all the new stuff. Hopefully we can meet up with one or two of his friends from St Lucy's before we leave on Friday.

1 comment:

vfatch said...

Jeff you are just a babe magnet! That picture of Joshua sleeping on your chest is so sweet. It sounds like the orphanage folks tried to prepare him for what was coming. I know that he and Amber are going to be wonderful buddies getting into all sorts of trouble together. I love hearing about everything so keep up the good work with the posts. One kid in Kansas and one kid in Taipei and they both needed a drink together, how sweet is that? Hug each other and that new son for me. Enjoy the rest of your stay and keep sending stories and pictures, we love all of it. Love, Grandma Val, Deb, & Sophie