Sunday, January 27, 2008

First full day home

So far so good, Joshua is adjusting really well. No meltdowns in the middle of the night last night and he didn't stand up in in crib until 4:30 AM after about seven hours of sleep. While in Taiwan we couldn't get Josh to sit in a high chair at all, and now he is sitting in Amber's old chair at the table. Josh is picking things up pretty fast he mimics Amber and is repeating some words that he is hearing. When Amber goes to the pody Josh wants to go to - that is one we are going to encourage. And then there were two naked babies. Amber loves to get away from Wendy at bath time and run around saying "naked baby" ..."naked baby" and last night Wendy got the two of them ready for the bath and the next thing you know there are two naked babiess running down the hall, into the living room back down the hall into the the bedrooms, and down the hall again. Joshua was running right behind Amber the whole way, too cute. I am crossing my fingers but it looks like he is adjusting ahead of the projected 12-14 day adjust period that we expected (1 day for each hour of time change - Taiwan to Central time zone -14 hours).

4 comments:

vfatch said...

What a happy report! I had a feeling that Miss Amber was going to handle all the rough spots for Joshua. "I'll show you the way, brother, we'll have so much fun!" It's the one big blessing of having them so close in age, they are going to be partners. I'm so happy that Josh isn't having to suffer through this huge adjustment without his big sister. You're getting very lucky with the time change adjustment. I think that's the hardest part of traveling to the far east. I hope he continues to do well with it. AND if you can get them both potty trained, good Lord, how nice will that be? Things sound great, eat, rest and have fun. Love you, Grandma Val, Deb & Sophie

R... said...

So glad to hear it's going well! You're lucky to have some good role models to help the process. Congratulations on coming home!

R...
http://littletatertot.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

"Naked baby!" That's just too funny!!! I wish TJ and I had been able to come see Joshua and Amber. I have a feeling the boys would have gotten along well together what with TJ not liking to wear clothes either:) Keep up the reports!!!!!!

Megan said...

They sound so cute together...we are so happy for your smooth adjustment. Joshua is so easy going, I bet he'll learn so fast having Amber as a big sister. Would have loved to see the pic of them running all over the house after bath LOL! Kimi go her first pic in bath yesterday. We miss you guys, Kimi says hello too.
XOXO,
Megan