Saturday, January 19, 2008

Jet Lag

Well, we were not the only ones up early and down for breakfast when they openned. We went out and did a route recon to the train station to take the High Speed Train. The subway (MRT) is easy once you do it once. They use tokens like we used tickets in DC for the Metro. It is cheap to use as well about $1 each to got to the Taipei Main Train Station from our hotel. We went out with what I though would be plenty of money but we bought our ticket for the train tomorrow and then that ran us a bit short and nothing was open yet exceot 7-11 and McDonalds. The department stores open later. SO back to hotel for some anti-jet lag theropy. The view form the top of our hotel - at the heated pool - is fantastic. By the way the view of the sun rise over the mountian to the east as the sun spilled onto Taipei 101 (tallest building in the world) during breakfast was fantastic. Well the city is waking up and we are going to take a nap so that we can get after it again in a little bit.

4 comments:

vfatch said...

Hi, Kids! Holy crap, it's nice and warm there. We're in a deep freeze here in MI, single digit tempertures with a good wind, I hate it! I'm glad you had a good trip over and are getting adjusted to the time change. I love your blog and can hardly wait to see you with Joshua. I'll be checking back daily, have a wonderful time. Love you both, Grandma Val
P.S. I bet you miss having the Fatchetts tagging along with you on this trip, just a little?? :):)

Megan said...

HI,
I'm so glad you guys made it to Taipei! I think you are on your way right now to pick up that bundle of joy! The pool looks awesome..Can't wait to see photos.
XOXO
Megan

R... said...

That view is amazing! So glad you are there safely and enjoying your "quiet time"!

R...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids, looks like you'se are having a good time. I love the looks of the pool Wendy is in, it is beautiful. Have you talked to anyone about NiNi, are things all set? Won't bore you, just wanted to say we love you'se and very ancious to meet our grandson. Take care an have a good time. love an prayers mom